Our second show! Ep. 2: The Autoimmune Protocol
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are both on the autoimmune protocol of the paleo diet for their various health issues. This has been a topic of much discussion among blog readers and pod listeners! The ladies breakdown why they are on the protocol, what it is, and who it can help. We hope this answers your questions!
Remember: we are giving away an iPod Touch on Friday!
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 2: The Autoimmune Protocol
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:18 – News and Views
- Greetings and personal experience- 1:27
- 2:46 – Stacy’s experience dealing with Celiac’s disease, no gallbladder, and autoimmune protocol
- 7:30 – Sarah’s experience dealing with lichen planusand the autoimmune protocol
- 22:00 – Science with Sarah on the Autoimmune Protocol
- Sarah herself has written extensively about the science behind the autoimmune protocol, including here
- Sarah on eggs
- Sarah on which spices are safe
- Sarah on coffee
- Sarah on why you ought to eat organ meat
- Recipes for organ meat: heart jerky, liver and kidney cottage pie, tongue tacos, liver pate, offal stew,
- Dr. Wahl’s website; recovered from MS with diet change
- Sea Seasonings Sea Salt w/ Sea Veg
- Kelp Noodles
- Stacy’s Autoimmune Pinterest Board
- Of course, the best laid out reasoning for the autoimmune protocol with meal plans and plenty of lists that you can buy is Practical Paleo
- GAPS diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)
- SCD diet (Specific Carbohydrate Diet)
- What are psyllium husks?
- Mark’s Daily Apple on psyllium husks and Paleo Bread
- 51:38 – Questions and Answers
- 56:31- Can you develop an intolerance to a food after removing it from your diet for a while?
- 1:01:45 – What do you eat for breakfast?
- Diane Sanfilippo compiled this list of breakfast ideas
- 1:10:59 – What do you snack on?
- 1:18:30 – Closing
In celebration of the launch of The Paleo View podcast, we’ve decided to giveaway a brand new iPod Touch with which you can listen to our brand new podcast!
Even more special, we’ll do the work of shipping this to ANY country, so all you Canadian and Aussies can enter too! However, you will be responsible for any import taxes associated with the shipment.
iPod touch takes fun to the next level. It now comes in two colors: black and white. It includes iOS 5, which gives you over 200 exciting new features. And with iCloud, whatever’s on your iPod touch is automatically on your other devices, too.
- Facetime (video chat)
- HD Video Recording
- Retina Display (amazing graphics & display)
- Music, iTunes & THE PALEO VIEW PODCAST listening
- Games & Apps (good luck prying the iTouch out of your kids’ hands)
- IOS 5
Serious, this is probably the biggest single giveaway we’ve ever done (unsponsored, nonetheless) and we’re truly excited to give it to a lucky listener! To enter, simply click on the Rafflecopter link and follow the instructions. By the way, pay particular attention to the requirement to review the podcast on iTunes, that will always help people to find it!) Fill out the below and away you’ll go! a Rafflecopter giveawayThe winner will be announced with our second podcast posting. Thanks for supporting us in this effort. We’re really excited and can’t wait to hear from you!
Support us by shopping on Amazon (below) or Donating through Paypal (below) or shopping through links on our sidebars, please!