Our fourth show! Ep. 4: Breastfeeding
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about boobs for over an hour! They cover their own experiences with breastfeeding their children and then tackle your questions about common problems women experience with nursing their children and whether paleo is right for breastfeeding mothers. Finally, in the Paleo Parenting section, they are joined by Summer of Banana Hammocks and Tutus and Vanessa of Healthy Living How To. The four them give you their best advice on how to successfully breastfeed and share their favorite breastfeeding resources.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 4: Breastfeeding
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:27 – News and Views
- Newfoundland dogs: very loud snoring, very big, looks like lion
- In case you were wondering, this is Stacy’s Logitech headset
- Local Three in Atlanta, for all your paleo date needs
- How Stacy and Matt deal with date night without a babysitter
- Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg
- Pohick Bay Regional Park where Stacy and Cole stayed this weekend
- Stacy’s post on weaning Wesley
- Sarah’s post on hormones, reflecting when she weaned her youngest
- 11:41 – Science with Sarah: What’s in breastmilk and why is it ideal for babies?
- For more information on the benefits of breastfeeding, check out this page of links from La Leche League
- Here’s more from WomensHealth.gov
- And from BabyCenter.com (which mentions how breastfeeding prevents leaky gut, allergies and autoimmune conditions)
- The saga of Joey, son of Joyful Abode, who had issues with posterior tongue-tie and was growing very slowly because of it.
- Stacy’s Baby-led weaning series (here, here, here) and the vlog
- La Leche League on inverted nipples or check the wikipedia article which includes pictures that helped me realize what they were talking about
- Nipple shells
- 26:14 – Questions and Answers
- The question submission form
- 28:00 – Will switching to a paleo diet decrease my milk supply?
- Dense sources of carbs from Balanced Bites
- 35:22 – Is there anything I need to supplement to make sure my breastmilk is ideal?
- 37:09 – My baby isn’t gaining weight and doctor says I need to go to formula. Neither milk-based or soy-based seems healthy for her. Help?
- 46:40 – What would you use for formula if you can’t breastfeed?
- 55:57 – Paleo Parenting
- Summer of Banana Hammocks and Tutus
- Vanessa of Healthy Living How To
- I Breastfed
- 1:17:22 – Outro
Support us by shopping on Amazon (below) or Donating through Paypal (below) or shopping through links on our sidebars, please!