This is probably my favorite dinner salad. Something about this salad screams summer, refreshing and satisfying all at the same time. And it tastes better the longer you let the shrimp marinade, so it can be made ahead if you’re expecting company or are like me and have more time to prepare supper in the afternoon (during nap time) than in the evening (when everyone is starving and wants to eat right now). Serves 2 dinner servings or 4-6 appetizer servings.
Ingredients (Cilantro Dressing/Marinade):
- 3 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked Pepper, to taste
- pinch Salt, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Cilantro dressing
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, deveined and tail removed
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 cups lettuce or baby greens
1. Pour cilantro dressing/marinade over shrimp (make sure any excess water is poured off if you are using thawed frozen shrimp). Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (2 or 3 is better).
2. Wash and dry lettuce (use a Salad Spinner, paper towel, clean tea towel or just let it sit in a colander). Divide among plates.
3. Cut avocado into bite-size wedges. Sprinkle over lettuce.
4. Top with marinated shrimp and leftover dressing. Enjoy!