I love the flavor of gingerbread and don’t see the need to restrict it to the winter holiday season. This is actually my first nut-free muffin recipe, created especially for my mother-in-law’s recent visit. My mother-in-law, who is allergic to nuts, loves ginger, which is great because she got to enjoy 4 different versions of these muffins before they were perfect!. Yields 12 muffins.
- 1¾ cup Pumpkin Puree (equivalent to one 15oz can)
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Blackstrap Molasses
- 2/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1½ Tbsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
1. Grease a muffin pan generously with palm shortening or line with paper liners or reusable Silicone Muffin Cups. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt coconut oil in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat on the stovetop.
3. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, flax meal, molasses, vanilla and coconut oil.
4. Sift coconut flour and combine with tapioca starch, spices and baking soda.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
6. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from pan to cool. Enjoy!
Do you need help finding any ingredients? Check out Important Pantry Items for the Paleo Baker.