Apricots are just coming into season and we are enjoying them! They can be hard to find the rest of the year (especially organic) and when you do, they just don’t taste the same. If you can’t find apricots yet, fresh peaches or nectarines can sub very nicely in this salad. The combination of the sweet apricots, the peppery arugula and the tangy balsamic vinaigrette makes this simple salad taste absolutely marvelous. This makes 3-4 side salad servings.
Ingredients (Balsamic Vinaigrette):
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped (or use good quality Dried Chives)
1. Wisk all ingredients together. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4-6 large apricots
- 5-6 cups arugula
1. Remove pits from apricots and chop into bite-size pieces.
2. Toss apricots with arugula and drizzle vinaigrette liberally on top.