A simple vegetable side dish that is a lovely paring with fish, pork or chicken. Trader Joe’s has frozen artichoke hearts which taste great. You could also use canned artichoke hearts for this recipe (1 can should be about right), but make sure you drain and rinse the artichoke hearts first.
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower flowerets
- 1 ½ cups chopped leeks
- 1 ½ cups artichoke hearts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp bacon grease (or other yummy cooking fat)
1. Heat bacon grease in a skillet (cast iron is great here) over medium-high heat.
2. Add veggies and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are cooked (about 15 minutes). There should be enough water from the veggies to keep them from sticking, but if they do start to stick, add 1 Tbsp of water to the pan.