January 23, 2012 in Paleo Bread
This recipe is based on Elena Amsterdam’s Bread 2.0, which makes a very satisfying paleo bread (also check out her Paleo Bread recipe which omits arrowroot powder in favor of more eggs and almond flour). Her base recipe didn’t appeal to my oldest (who, as you know, is extremely picky), but I found that the addition of some seeds to mimic multigrain bread worked wonders. She loves it and one of the healthy foods I can count on her eating now is almond butter and honey sandwiches on this bread!
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 7.5″ x 3.5″ loaf pan very generously with coconut oil.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine arrowroot powder, almond flour, ground flax seed, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a handmixer until super thick and frothy, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Stir honey and vinegar into the eggs. Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until well combined. Fold in sesame and sunflower seeds.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from loaf pan. Enjoy!
Do you need help finding any ingredients? Check out Important Pantry Items for the Paleo Baker.