Guacamole is actually very easy to make at home. To pick ripe avocados, look for ones that are a darker green outside and that have just a little bit of give when you palpate them (not too hard, not too soft). If you buy your avocados on the green side, let them sit out on your counter until they are ripe (you can make them ripen faster by putting them in a paper bag with an apple). Ripe avocados can be stored in the fridge for 5-7 days. This is a very simple guacamole but tastes wonderful! It’s delicious with veggies on burger patties or with paleo crackers. I don’t put any salt in my guacamole now that we are so used to eating so little salt. Try it this way and see if you like it. If you are still working on cutting your salt intake down, you might want to add a small amount to your guacamole.
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ large ripe avocados (or 2 smaller avocados)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked pepper
1. Cut avocados in half and scoop out into a small bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mash with a fork to combine. Enjoy!