I like tilapia because it’s cheap. But, this recipe could work equally well with any mild white fish (cod, halibut etc.).
Ingredients (per person):
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or other good cooking oil (tallow would be great here)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp tequila
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 6oz fillet of tilapia
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small saucepan on low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and stir occasionally until garlic is cooked, about 5 minutes.
3. Add tequila, thyme, and lime zest. Cook until alcohol has burned off, about 2 minutes. Add parsley and remove from heat.
4. Lightly coat one side of tilapia and place herb side down on a baking sheet lined with foil. Use remaining herb butter to more heavily coat the top side. Dust with paprika.
5. Bake approximately 15 minutes, until fish is opaque throughout and segments flake apart easily. Enjoy!