This seems hardly fair, to create an entire recipe for just these little sweet potatoess. But these are such a tasty side dish to just about any meat and my toddler LOVES them (she calls them “yam circles”). They are a no sugar version of the candied “yams” (which were really sweet potatoes and not technically yams) I used to make. As an option, you can cut the sweet potatoes into thick wedges for sweet potato fries instead!
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes (sometimes mislabeled as yams), peeled and cut into ½” thick circles (or semi-circles, if big around) Optional: if using young tender sweet potatoes, just give them a wash and leave the skin on.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Melt coconut oil on low power in microwave or in a small saucepot on the stove.
2. Place sweet potatoes in a big bowl. Toss with coconut oil and nutmeg until evenly coated.
3. Arrange yam slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with tin foil or a silicone liner.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from oven and turn each slice over.
5. Bake another 15 minutes. Enjoy!